The value of volunteers to organisations such as ours has been long recognised. Volunteers provide one way of building bridges between the health centre and the community. NYCH considers volunteers an integral part of its community development strategy aimed at encouraging the participation of community members in their own health care, the care of others, and the running of our services. Volunteer work is also an important and rewarding way for people to be involved in their community and issues of interest to them.
Volunteers are people who undertake activities:
- Of their own free will
- Without financial reward
- For the benefit of the community
The NYCH volunteer program intends to:
- Enhance or expand services provided for participants and clients
- Enhance links with the local communities
- Provide opportunities for members of the local community to be actively involved in NYCH
- Empower volunteers and enable them to make informed choices about voluntary activities
- Enable volunteers to meet their own needs for enrichment and work satisfaction, whilst meeting human and social needs for the community
- Create and foster interest in volunteering
Volunteers at NYCH are involved in a wide range of activities, such as:
- Driving buses
- Leading Walking Groups
- Leading Water Exercise Groups
- Youth Drop-In Space
- Assisting with Social Activities Groups
- ....and more
If you are interested in doing volunteer work for North Yarra Community Health please read the VOLUNTEER EXPRESSION OF INTEREST form.
You can then forward the completed form to our Volunteer Manager.
This will enable us to determine whether we can match you to tasks
at NYCH suitable for your experience, qualifications and interests.
Please mark the envelope "Confidential" and mail to:
North Yarra Community Health
622 Lygon Street
NORTH CARLTON 3054
You can also drop the envelope into any of our Centres, or fax the
form to (03) 9349 7300.
You can phone Bich on 9349 7333 for further information.
If you wish to view the policies in regarding to Volunteers, click here.